Ideas not Format
The generation game – Material that is learned but not systematically committed to memory might as well never have been learned in the first place . The flip side material that is successfully stored in long term memory forms the foundation of further learning .
- Attention is a scarce resource . You can create a foundation , frame the problem and highlight a positive outcome; when you share a story from a different industry . For a deep dive; into this subject we recommend; Paul A Smith; accessible short course Training With Stories; from linked in learning .
- Rote memorization , drill practice or repetition is not best practice , it’s the lazy solution not the best solution .
- Turn learning into memories – to facilitate deep learning get creative and trigger internal generation of ideas . The goal to encourage ownership of content .
- Information needs to be meaningful and related to the real world in a concrete way .
- In comedy and politics [apparently] timing is everything – A creative twist on the fable of the tortoise and the hare becomes the story of Joe Biden and Donald [stop the count] Trump.
- We are all self obsessed our own voice always shouts the loudest make a virtue of it .
- Avoid myopic focus – Don’t get bogged down in weeds . Square pegs in round holes are likely to make procedural errors in computation grammar , spelling and punctuation . Focus on the big picture and let it go .